We all want to be at our best for the summer, however, we often do it at the last minute, at the risk of opting for so-called miracle diets that are dangerous to health, they promise great weight loss in a short period of time and can generate deficiencies, not to mention the yo-yo effect they induce.
To lose weight permanently, it is necessary to follow a varied and balanced diet and exercise. Here is a list of the most important rules for losing weight without harming your health:
- 1. There are no forbidden foods. Don’t exclude any food group (protein, starch, and fat) from your diet and focus on balance and moderation.
- 2. The goal of any diet is to provide the body with fewer calories than it expends. A nutritionist can determine the number of calories your body needs each day to design a proper diet.
- 3. Sport is essential to lose weight: cardiovascular exercises such as running and cycling are the most effective ways to burn fat.
- 4. Avoid empty calories in foods such as industrial cakes, sodas, and alcohol, which have no nutritional value.
- 5. There is no reason to be hungry: The important thing when it comes to losing weight is not the amount of food you eat, but the quality. Eat low calorie foods to your satisfaction.
- 6. You need to be able to stay on your diet for a long time if you want to not only lose weight, but also maintain your figure in the future. Diet is not a temporary change in diet, but rather a change in eating habits.
- 7. Be careful with beverages: they are also a major source of calories. Limit your intake of fruit juices, sodas, alcohol, and other sweet beverages.
- 8. But don’t give up on your social life: all restaurants offer salads, lean fish, and vegetable dishes. Ask for the seasoning to be served separately, choose a fruit for dessert, and limit the bread.
- 9. You can eat outside of meals. Some people need to eat frequently, if you do, listen to yourself and have a snack in the morning.
- 10. Make up your contributions. If you ate a lot for lunch, for example, eat a light meal so that this difference does not affect the total number of calories consumed.
- 11. Don’t skip meals, it will only give you a fierce appetite at the next meal, and you will tend to eat twice as much.
- 12. Consistency is the secret to success. To achieve the expected results, you have to be persistent over time.
- 13. It is not good to be in a hurry. The best way is to shed the pounds that are too small, letting your body adapt so that the weight loss is stable and long-lasting.
- 14. Learn to recognize hunger. We tend to eat out of anxiety, or boredom, to compensate for worries … avoid transferring frustrations and problems to food, and eat only when your body needs it.
- 15. Eating is a pleasure. A healthy diet does not mean giving up taste. Enjoy culinary experiences, mix flavors, create new dishes and take your time to try them, you will be amazed!