You decided to get married in church. Therefore, it is necessary to follow a marriage preparation with your parish and with couples who are already married. Of course they have met the priest who will officiate on D-Day and may have begun to discuss with him the different love texts that will be read during his ceremony. But have you thought about the choice of songs? And no, the music is not only reserved for the party or the opening of an original wedding dance! She will also be present during their religious ceremony, in a more moderate way, to accompany this special moment that will soon make them a married couple. Do you have any idea what songs can be associated with a church wedding ceremony? So do not wait any longer for the details of your wedding decoration and discover our ideas to prepare your playlist.
If the church can certainly offer you songs that are normally played during mass, it would be a shame to deprive you of the opportunity to personalize your ceremony by choosing your own favorite songs.
Table of Contents
- Antonio Vivaldi – Gloria in Excelsis Deo
- Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck – Venite Exultemus Domino
- Handel – The Messiah: “Symphony”, “And the Glory of the Lord” or other excerpts from the work
- Amazing Grace – There are many versions, we suggest the one by Joan Baez or Ray Charles
- Richard Smallwood – Total Praise
- Soweto Gospel Choir – Oh Happy Day
- Brother Joe May – Lead me, Lead me
- The Beatles – Words of Love
- Nina Simone – Feeling Good
- Aretha Franklin – Baby, I love you
- Elton John – Can you feel the love tonight?
- Ben E. King – Stand By Me
- The Beach Boys – Then I Kissed Her
- Darío Moreno – All love
Photographs by Vanessa Moselle
- Victor Demé – Djôn Maya
- Christina Perri – One Thousand Years
- Josh Groban – You Raise Me Up
- Emmanuel Moire – My Essential
- Jean-Jacques Goldman – If I Didn’t Have You
- John Legend – All of me
- Katy Perry – Unconditionally
Did any of these pieces seduce you for your religious ceremony? Be careful not to confuse them with those in your wedding games as this would be inappropriate and could make you uncomfortable! It is up to you to make the right decisions to achieve an original wedding.